PhotoModeler UAS (PhotoModeler for Unmanned Aircraft Systems) is a version of PhotoModeler that has features for customers executing projects with photographs from a drone or UAV.
PhotoModeler UAS is a super-set of PhotoModeler Scanner and contains all its features. The additional features are aimed at improving accuracy and capability for customers using a UAV.
PhotoModeler UAS applications
- Stock pile volumes
- Terrain survey and contours
- Mine reclamation
- Accident scene aerial surveys
- Ortho-mosaic photo production
PhotoModeler UAS main features:
- Accurate and persistent measure of Volumes with the Volume Object
- Handling of geographic coordinate systems
- Handling of UAV GPS data for coordinate systems or as control data (from either image EXIF headers or independent txt/csv file)
- Accurate UAV camera auto-calibration
- DEM (gridded and triangulated)
- High-accuracy, balanced, geo-referenced ortho-mosaic photo export
- PDF project report
For high accuracy survey with minimal ground control requirements consider investing in a PPK or RTK Drone Unit. These technologies compliment your GPS drone technology to increase camera position accuracy and this can greater reduce the need for GCPs (ground control points).