PhotoModeler PMR File Changes and Backwards Compatibility
Occasionally new versions of PhotoModeler will create PMR project files that cannot be read with older versions of PhotoModeler. i.e. PMRs are not always backward compatible.
Old versions of PhotoModeler PMR project files can always be read by new versions of the program. i.e. PMRs are always forward compatible.
The table below shows all version from 2017.0 on, and if there are any file compatibility issues.
The ‘Compatibility Issue‘ column indicates if this version will write PMR files that are incompatible with previous versions. The possible values are:
- none – means this version did not introduce any compatibility issues.
- all – means that this version will write PMR files that are incompatible with previous versions in all cases.
- ‘object name’ – means that if you have a project that includes this object type (e.g. a cylinder), this version will write PMR files that are incompatible with previous versions (otherwise it will be compatible).
|2020.1.0||Mar. 18, 2020||none|
|2020.0.1||Dec. 17, 2019||none|
|2020.0.0||Nov 14, 2019||all|
|2019.1.2||Jun. 10, 2019||none|
|2019.1.1||May 13, 2019||Plane Surfaces|
|2019.1.0||Mar. 25, 2019||none|
|2019.0.1||Dec. 13, 2018||none|
|2019.0.0||Nov. 19, 2018||none|
|2018.1.2||Jul. 17, 2018||none|
|2018.1.1||Jun. 27, 2018||Image Sequences|
|2018.1.0||Apr. 11, 2018||none|
|2018.0.1||Jan. 23, 2018||Geographic System Definitions|
|2018.0.0||Dec. 14, 2017||none|
|2017.1.1||Sep. 25, 2017||all|
|2017.1.0||Aug. 22, 2017||Cylinders|
|2017.0.2||May 26, 2017||all|
|2017.0.1||May 4, 2017||none|
|2017.0.0||Apr. 10, 2017||none|
- If you save a PMR file with 2017.1.1 it cannot be read by any previous version.
- If you save a PMR with 2017.0.0 it can be read by 2017.0.1 up to present – always forward compatible.
- If you save a file with 2017.1.0 that does not have cylinders it can be read by 2071.0.2 but not 2017.0.1 or earlier (because of the ‘all’ in 2017.0.2).