- Easy to Use and Learn: Includes an advanced Windows user interface, Wizards for easy project set-up, extensive multimedia tutorials (over 4 hours playing time!), printed user guide, and extensive on-line help.
- Modeling Tools: Create models using PhotoModeler's Point, Line, Curve, Edge, Cylinder, and Shape marking tools.
- Surface Tools: Add surfaces to features defined by Points, Lines, Curves, and Edges. Create NURBS Surfaces from Lines, Edges, and Curves.
- Photo-textures: Add photo-textures and colors to surfaces. Export textures with 3DS, OBJ, VRML, and 3DM.
- 3D Viewer: View, measure, select objects, and interactively rotate the created 3D models with full photo-textures.
- Measurement Tools: Perform point, distance, length and area measurements right within PhotoModeler.
- Coded Targets: Automate the setup (initial marking and referencing) of the project, or the extraction 3D data points using targets with a special code ring that the software recognizes in the images. See Automation and Coded Targets.
- Scale/Rotate/Translate: This feature provides you the ability to apply proper scale to your project and set your model in the proper coordinate system for exporting.
- Export Capabilities: Export your model to Autodesk DXF (2D and 3D), 3D Studio 3DS, Wavefront OBJ, VRML (1&2), IGES, OpenNURBS/Rhino, StereoLithography STL, RAW, Maya Script, Max Script, FBX, and Google Earth’s KML and KMZ. See the Exports page.
- Import Capabilities: Import 3D data for use as control points, affine (coordinate systems), mesh comparison, or photo projection. See Export / Imports page.
- Photograph Handling: Work with any number of photographs, add new photographs at any time, and import many different image formats. * Image Control: Use extensive Zoom Tools for accurate sub-pixel marking, Photo Rotate for easier viewing, and Image Enhancement for increased visibility.
- Camera Support: Use images from digital, film, or video cameras. Automatic Camera Orientation determines the position of the camera when the image was taken. Use different cameras in the same project.
- Camera Calibrator: Accurately measure your camera's focal length, principal point, digitizing aspect ratio and lens distortion.
- Photo-Projections: Check project quality by projecting 3D data onto your photos.
- Customizable Interface: Control the layout and appearance of your PhotoModeler screen. Customizable items include toolbars, short cut keys, and colors for items such as 3D objects, Projections, and the 3D Viewer.