Accident Scene and Forensic Applications
Use a Camera to Diagram, Measure and Scan in Accident Reconstruction and Forensics
PhotoModeler photogrammetry software provides accurate measurement and 3D models for many accident reconstruction and forensic tasks. A very fast, accurate and cost-effective method. Pick your application area below, try the download, or watch the product tour.
There are a number of applications for photogrammetry in accident reconstruction and forensics. We have divided them into four categories. Click on one of the links below to get further detail.
|Accident Scene Diagrams : generating diagrams and maps of existing scenes using your camera.|
|Vehicle Crush Measurement : measuring crush of vehicles from either your camera or from unknown cameras.|
|Crime Scenes : crime scene diagramming, 3D bullet trajectory determination, shoe and tire print scanning, and blood spatter measurement.|
|Surveillance Video : suspect height recovery, and diagrams from a single photo.|
Also see the SAE papers on crush measurement on the Case Studies page.
- Alaska State Troopers
- Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Biomechanical Research & Testing
- Crashteams Exponent
- Federal Police Academy, Germany
- Knott Laboratory
- Massachusetts State Police
- Metropolitan Police Department of Japan
- Minnesota State Patrol
- National Police Agency of Japan
- National Transportation Safety Board
- New Jersey State Police
- New York State Police
- Northwestern University Traffic Institute
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- San Diego Department Of Public Works
- Solicitor General of Canada
- Transportation Safety Board, Canada
- US Naval Criminal Investigation
- Utah Highway Patrol
- Washington State Patrol
- Wisconsin State Patrol
© 2015 Eos Systems Inc.