PhotoModeler Maintenance Agreement Renewal
Your PhotoModeler Maintenance Agreement provides a year of support and all software versions released during that time. All new licenses include the first year of the agreement. Subsequent years have a fee if you choose to renew.¹
After the Maintenance Agreement expiry grace period, the fees for renewal increase. The renewal fee is shown in the Maintenance Agreement Fee Table.
To renew your PhotoModeler Maintenance Agreement
Contact PhotoModeler Technologies, or your reseller as shown in the PhotoModeler Reseller list, and provide them with your serial number (looks like p800-00000), and the date of your expiry.
The steps to renew your Maintenance Agreement are:
- Purchase a renewal through your reseller as described above.
- Wait for the email from the ordering department confirming your agreement has been extended (usually within one business day).
- Inside the PhotoModeler software go to Options / License Management…
- If you have an internet connection click the “Renew…” ² button in the ‘Maintenance’ box.
- Then click “Renew” on the next screen. You will get confirmation of extension.
- If you do not have an active internet connection you can use the Manual method – explained further in the software’s Help file.
¹ Note that your PhotoModeler program will continue to run with an expired Maintenance Agreement – but you won’t have access to support or upgrades. Any issues with licenses (e.g. you are unable to run PhotoModeler due to a licensing issue) are always supported for free even if your maintenance agreement has expired.
² Note that in versions 2017.x and earlier, the Renew…’ button is labelled ‘Online…’